Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plate machines - post yours here.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Trying to read that boat anchor thread I was reminded of my days as a P plater and thought it might be a fun thing to show off your old P plate machine (or even your current one for the young fellas).

I'll go first, here's my P plate weapon :) It had -

Blue 202 (3.3) block with a 186 high compression stage 3 yella terra head, mild cam, triple 1 3/4" SU's with RAMFLO filters, high vol V8 oil pump, lot's of chrome engine covers, Pacemaker headers and 2.5" exhaust the wheels are 235/50/13 (yes 13), diff was a 3.08 ratio banjo, also had harnesses, 6 point alloy cage and a 4 speed Holden box.

It had bucket seats out of a Datsun 200B as well in the front and a compliment of gauges Oil Pressure, Volts, Water temp and tacho. Lowered springs and Monroe gas in the front as well as the disc brake front end and some Monroe gas risers in the back (those pump up things).

I loved this car so much I still have it under a tarp waiting for the funds to restore it (bit sad these days).

So JC, post your P plate machines!!

attachment.php

Last edited:

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Very cool mate, even more so that you still have it and plan to restore it.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I had a clapped out POS '83 Bluebird wagon as my P plate car. I thought it sounded sick as hell with a hotdog instead of a center muffler. It actually sounded like it was dying lol

Last edited:

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
72 Lj Torana 202 4 speed. Had twin carbs and a 5 speed when I sold it.

00000228.jpg

Got #### all pics of it, but then I had this, when you could still drive a v8 on your p's...

76 Torana hatch. 308 5 speed. Very fun car.

Lx.jpg

Then kids and a house came along and they both went :(
Slowly making up for it though.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
nice Torana's, had plenty of mates with them in the early 90's :) such awesome cars.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Mid 80's Subaru L Series 4WD Wagon

*Upgraded from 13" steelies to the only aftermarket alloy wheels available for the old subaru stud pattern. (still 13's because that was the thing back then)
* Raised 2" for maximum off road cred (did quite well out bush with land cruisers etc)....the last of the Dual Range 4WD subies before they went to the AWD rubbish
* Fabbed up a custom Engine & Trans sump bash plate
* Sexy blue vinyl interior
* Bus sized steering wheel swapped for a woodgrain wheel (all the rage back then)...looked awesome contrasting with the blue interior...not
* First time I ever rebuilt a carby.....mistake!
* Full 3" exhaust for drony boxer engine farts. (No cat's of course, this was before there were strict EPA laws) (a painful 103db exhaust....once again before noise laws were enforced etc)
* Kenworth sized 4 post bull bar

Back in the day this thing had mad street cred in the offroad scene......how foolish we were

Moved straight into a VN SS after that....best move I ever made......as said above....loved the glory days of being able to drive whatever the hell you wanted on L's & P's

Last edited:

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
A bicycle and a bus ticket. As a broke uni student, a car was a luxury I couldn't afford.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
I had a clapped out POS '83 Bluebird wagon as my P plate car. I thought it sounded sick as cancer with a hotdog instead of a center muffler. It actually sounded like it was dying lol

Wow dude. Could you be any more insensitive?

Just sayin'

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
My old man's Mazda B2000! What a beastttttt :D