Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P Plate Motor swap

Reaction score
Members Ride
NOTHING
Im not sure if I'm in the right section but anyway. I am currently on my L's and I'm driving a 1994 Holden VR Calais. The car is currently a V6 stock as a rock. I was reading today and with the new P plate laws i will be able to drive the v8 version of this car. My question is when the time comes and I'm on my p plates will i be able to do an engine swap and swap the v8 motor into my car? Thanks in advance ;)

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
No you won't be allowed to as the car was build before 2010 so the rule does not apply to you.

\thread.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Alright so apparently the new NSW rule is different to the new vic rule, refer to IBLOWN's post.

BottleFedVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0L & 80 Series Landcruiser
i don't know about that.
radar detectors are still leagle here, we still get to do 110kph on the open road,
and best of all the cops are only allowed V6/Turbo 6's as they keep wrapping V8's around trees! :driving:
we've just got to deal with stupid self centred pollies! :doh:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
i don't know about that.
radar detectors are still leagle here, we still get to do 110kph on the open road,
and best of all the cops are only allowed V6/Turbo 6's as they keep wrapping V8's around trees! :driving:
we've just got to deal with stupid self centred pollies! :doh:
110km/h speed limit in VIC, and the ford turbo 6 is quicker than the V8 so all good :p