Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plater legal ?

shauunyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
heyy im buying a vz calais and the motor is the 190kw v6 and i got told once i cant drive it coz of power to weigh could someone plz help me :D

(i live in vic)

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
The Whole system is so retarded, Yes you can legally drive a any V6 non turbo/supercharged but still has 190kw stock, yet you cannot drive a old v8 that has 140kw. Same in NSW, you could drive a turbo diesel, and Audi make a 380kw turbo diesel. But i belive they have corrected this by adding it to being a prohibited car.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Well you can drive a VE SV6 which is 215kw on your P's.. That thing kills 5L's for sure.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
They should just make it so P-Platers can't drive anything over a certain kilowatt (170kw etc). It would make for sense then what system they have now. P-Platers can't drive a stock supercharged V6 that has 171kw (when new), but they can drive a 190kw Alloytec V6 and even the 215kw VE V6.

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
Power-to-weight rule was fine gone backwards in intelligence

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Specially considering the super 6 is gutless in my opinion. And a 5 liter isn't very potent yet they cant drive it, but you get a 215 .kw sv6 tune it OTR and that's legal lol? Stupid rules.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
You can drive a super 6 thou , as long as its in a vt-vy and is ether a calais or statesman . All you need to do is fill out the form which is just your name and license details . Dont even need to put a reason to drive it on there

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
They didn't really think it through before they brought in the law. Or they don't know how much kw some cars actually produce. Also take in to account that those figures are from when the engines were new, now that they are older, especially the 5.0L V8, the kw they produce now will be less.