Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P platers EF Falcon Futura station wagon

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Okay guys and girls, after a failed project of a possessed EA falcon I went and looked at this ef, it has a few minor issues with it being, a leaky brake booster line, no lock barrel in the tailgate and the bulbs in the cluster have decided to die, other than that it is a nice tidy project for my year 12 research project which if anyone wants to know it is called "Scrap to Shine" an easy to use resource for buying and getting a car back on the road again. But enough chit chat here's the specs I will put up pics when I have time to
Engine 4.0 Broadband intake, multi point fuel injected inline six cylinder that makes 157 KW
Transmission 3 speed automatic with overdrive
Colour is navy blue
It is running on a dual fuel system
Other than a much better than stock head unit it is stock as a rock :rofl2:

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Commo forum yes, but the OPs previous Ford 'project' was such a 'challenge' it was a promo for Commos.

At least this one is a 4ltr, (with Broadband no less).

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Did you not learn anything from rounds 1 and two, take it back and get something without problems.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Why is everyone bagging the older Fords? I loved my EB S-Pack Falcon. Was an awesome car that refused to ever die. Engine and transmission was tough as nails.

Even when I got my VX, after 2 years of never being turned on, I threw a battery in it and it fired up in seconds.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Why is everyone bagging the older Fords? I loved my EB S-Pack Falcon. Was an awesome car that refused to ever die. Engine and transmission was tough as nails.

Even when I got my VX, after 2 years of never being turned on, I threw a battery in it and it fired up in seconds.

Exactly, I had an XG S Pac ute with an XH engine and it was perfect, except for the door handles breaking.
But remember guys that the ford inline 6 (4L) is better then the Ecotec V6 ;)
And even better again when they get turboed.

Last edited:

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.

Personally not bagging them. I like the 4ltr. Bro has one. It will be a great loss when they stop making them.

Prob was the OP's last car was a 3.9 that was already dead and this one is already showing a few 'issues'. I'm expecting we might hear of more later.

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Did you not learn anything from rounds 1 and two, take it back and get something without problems.

Yes I know but I have had a mechanic check it out too and he could only find above issues and that was all as well it has had everything under the bonnet and under the car replaced or reconditioned

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Exactly, I had an XG S Pac ute with an XF engine and it was perfect, except for the door handles breaking.
But remember guys that the ford inline 6 (4L) is better then the Ecotec V6 ;)
And even better again when they get turboed.

I don't know about better. But when it came to towing, the torque of that inline 6 was awesome.

I dare say the V6 Ecotec is a more refined (ahem, as much as you can use that word for an Ecotec), and economical engine.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
I don't know about better. But when it came to towing, the torque of that inline 6 was awesome.

I dare say the V6 Ecotec is a more refined (ahem, as much as you can use that word for an Ecotec), and economical engine.

Well, I guess that is true. However if I was going a local 6 the ford would be the one for me.