Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P platers new EA falcon S wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
whatever the car , get it checked over before you part with any money , if the seller objects , or demurs , run , run away fast .

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Thanks for the advice guys thinking back about Christine I probably wasn't the best buy for me for the reason I will list now
The head gasket after looking on red book in the same condition as mine they were valued at 1000 and getting the head and the gas test/tuned was 595 and then she needed tyres and a cooling system overhaul and had rust in the rear right panel over the wheel and that could send it to regency park and it would never come out back on the road again

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Sometimes buying cars are a hit and a miss, brother bought basically the same thing you did for $200, red ea falcon, manual with 6 or so months rego. Only thing it needed was exhaust and windscreen. Paint was in reasonable good condition would of come up with a good polish.
served him well for a few months, but oil leak got worse.. and he swapped the steering wheel for a sporty looking one and scored a regency for windscreen and the loose wheel grip..

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Is that 320 thousand or 320 million kays ?:tease:

lol, by the sounds and looks of it, it probably was 320 million.

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys I had a prod around in the falcon before I got rid of it and was honestly shocked with what I found was wrong I will make a list of things I found on the car just before it left my ownership
1. Blown head gasket over cylinder 1 full on vomit colour oil.

2. Tensioner had shattered into multiple parts (a wonder how it still ran)
3. Moulding sand in the hoses and intake manifold
4. All the tyres cracking and bulging
5. Viscous fan not working
6. Various electrical gremlins
7. House paint on the bonnet?!
So all in all I have learnt that cheap cars will always cost me money (especially falcons) maybe as a project I will try to find a rust free XF fairmont ghia wagon looks cool but didn't have all the issues that ea's had

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys I did a potentially naughty thing I went and got my falcon back how it went was after having it removed I asked about buying it back because I was on the ford Australia forums as well and also talked to a few mechanics about it and thought hell I will get it to play with and learn extra skills and as a double leave my good car alone! But please don't go off about it I'm actually quite happy with what is wrong and have the necessary good tools and haynes manual so here's to many busted knuckles and countless hours of swearing at it! :rofl2:

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Didn't quite understand what you wrote but gather it's something along the line of -
Got brainwashed by Ford Forum and some Mechanics into buying my car back as it's all fixable and I want to learn and practice on something that can't get any worse, does that sum it up?

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Hey don't let us tell you what to do, It's your life.

Just try not to spend too much on it. I spent too much on my first car. a problematic red VN. lots of money wasted because It never really worked well and I crashed it into a poll when I was 19 anyway.

I learned a bit though, knowledge is priceless aye... well unless I start adding up what I spent. But I don't wanna do that :p

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
I learned a bit though, knowledge is priceless aye... well unless I start adding up what I spent. But I don't wanna do that

If we could sell all our mistakes for what they cost us we'd all be millionaires aye!!!:spot on:

Status
Not open for further replies.