Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P0102 code triggered

traph

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 SV8
Gday Guys

This is a weird one. I traveled for a week and left my VY 2002, LS1 with a mafless tune in the garage for the week I was away.

I returned and took the car for a drive. Upon starting it it sputtered a bit which is normal under the circumstance but when I drove off, it threw up the check engine light while driving and it had no guts at all. every time I put my foot down was like it was struggling for either air or fuel.

Came back, popped the bonnet, connected my Maxidiag tool and discovered it threw the P0102 code which refers too the MAF low voltage error. Problem, is I do not have a MAF, so what the hell???

anyone had a similar issue?

Would love to hear from anyone who may have discovered the problem. I have checked fuses, wiring and even reset the PCM, but it is a mafless tune PCM, so what could be wrong?

Any help appreciated, it just drives you nuts!

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Have the same issue mate. My car doesn't get used alot and I find the issue goes away with a fresh tank of fuel. So I put it down to that.

The scan tool will 'poll' various sensors within the car and if it doesn't get a reply from one it will log a fault. So technically, the scan tool you're using cannot see the MAF.

Maybe contact the guys who tuned the car and see what they say - I know some LS1's with the MAFLESS tunes need to be re-tuned every now and then.

traph

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 SV8
cheers mate, stale fuel was not my consideration and I presume the fuel in the car now is more likely 3 weeks old! problem is it's almost a full tank.

I'll monitor it, and thanks for the heads up.

traph

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 SV8
OK, this is getting annoying to the extreme. anyone could suggest a fix please.

1. replaced all 8 coils to new ones.
2. replaced all spark leads to new ones.
3. replaced both O2 sensors with new ones.
4. checked all plugs, OK only done 80K on these.
5. put fresh petrol in the tank.
6. changed fuel filter.

Problem persists after all this, and continues to trigger the engine light error.

Any ideas?
Cheers

VBhero

Reaction score
Website
www.australia4wd.com
Members Ride
VXII SS A4
If it is mafless tuned, then the P0102 code HAS to be present and set otherwise the PCM won't go into Speed Density (SD) and use the VE table the way it should. However, the tuner should have turned the CEL illumination trigger for that code off so that the CEL shouldn't come on.
Anyone who says that a mafless tuned LS1 needs to be retuned regularly is smoking crack, unless there is something wrong with it.

Where in Melbourne are you? If you are near Frankston, get it into APS Service Centre, if you are out near Keilor get into NJC LSx Performance. Either one of those workshops will get you sorted with top notch service.

traph

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 SV8
thanks mate, I am closer Keilor and will check it out. I am not concerned about the engine light, it's the performance that is absolute crap, can't put the foot down and accelerate at all but it will cruise OK.

traph

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 SV8
for all who may be interested in this, the problem was discovered today when the fuel pump was replaced.

the old pump was gummed up and I guess not only from age, but for sitting idle for a week. Filled it with fuel and all is OK!