Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P0606 under hard acceleration LS3

jezza80

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 ssv redline wagon
Hi Just pick up my new to me VF2 SSV Redline on Wednesday. Today when my wife was driving she accelerates hard just and said the car came up with a reduced engine power sign. After she got home a plugged my code reader in and it came up with a p0606 code which I take it as ECM/PCM processing fault. Any ideas where to start looking into this. Car has extractors and aftermarket cats fitted but not sure if it nas been tuned with them on. Apart from that the cars is stock with 60000kms on the clock. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
From the Holden VF workshop manual. Looks like a problem with either the ECM (engine control module) or CCM (chassis control module). Is the engine light still on after the ignition was cycled on and off?

Attachments

• VF DTC P0606 etc..pdf
    796.9 KB · Views: 115

jezza80

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 ssv redline wagon
From the Holden VF workshop manual. Looks like a problem with either the ECM (engine control module) or CCM (chassis control module). Is the engine light still on after the ignition was cycled on and off?
Thanks Yes was still on this morning I reset code but hasn't come up again.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if u purchased it from a dealer then with those low km it should have warranty, something to do with the ecu or modules can get costly if it is the issue

jezza80

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 ssv redline wagon
if u purchased it from a dealer then with those low km it should have warranty, something to do with the ecu or modules can get costly if it is the issue
Going to take it back on Monday, I wasn't sure where the extractors & no tune may have caused the issue. Spent yesterday driving it and couldn't get code to come up again.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Going to take it back on Monday, I wasn't sure where the extractors & no tune may have caused the issue. Spent yesterday driving it and couldn't get code to come up again.
If the car hadn't been tuned, you'd have a MIL on with a code suggesting catalyst converter efficiency not working.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
When I put a full Maloo exhaust on my VF1 SSV ute it didn't cause any DTCs. After fitting an OTR it threw a code but that was fixed with a tune. No problems since and I've done another 60,000Km.