Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P1 passanger restrictions should they stay or go?

clarmatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SII Executive
i have been hearing that the passanger restrictions for p1 drivers in VICTORIA are going to be thrown out.... any one heard the same?? whats your tak...? should they stay or should they go?
if you have any links to official web pages saying it let me know??

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
ive been thinkin about this i know im in SA but what about deso driving i mean it makes it a little harder doesnt it wouldnt it encourage more ppl to drink drive if that is a law just my 2 cents

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
They should go! Though I stopped caring about it a while ago. I live an hour away from tafe and give my mates a lift when they have trouble getting there (up to 3 passengers at times). If cops are going to fine me for it I would fight it in court because I think thats a fair enough reason to have more than the allowed number of passengers. And again with not being allowed to tow - when mum has to tow a trailer I have to drive because she cant reverse a trailer (towing "under instruction" is allowed). At times I even just tow by myself if I have to take my bike somewhere.

Im all in favor of scrapping the P1 law.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Well at this rate the governmet will be throwing out all its new laws that have came into power , IF this is true.
But I believe the P1 passenger restrictions are pritty gay , as if me and my friends want to go anywhere we have to take about 5 cars with 1 passenger because of this rule. It will be so much simpler if we could take 2 cars insted of 5. But then again the P1 restriciton should be implied for 6 months rather then 12 as all new drivers could get distrated easy as with 4 people in the car compared to 1 thus having a 6 month learning curve insted

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I agree and disagree with the new P-plate laws. Im on my P1 now, I class my self as a responsible driver, (im not saying good, or experienced), I would show off, and put anyones life in danger. When I have passengers now(who are over 21), I slow down to what I would by myself, certainly dont show off or speed, not that I do when im by myself anyway. The no towing a trailer law annoys me cause I have been driving with a trailer on the farm ever since I could drive which was around 4 or 5, but alot of people wouldnt know how to, so I can see the reason for the law.
Passenger restrictions to me are just an inconvenience, such as when 3 of us went to melbourne, and the other two are **** scared to drive in the city, yet I dont have a problem, as I do it every week, yet I have to sit there and literally cousell them through it as they panic.
But in saying that, I have mates who would show off with passengers in the car, but unfortunatly those people arnt holding the passenger restriction law very high in regard anyway, the same people tow a trailer without second thought.

It has its good and bad points, but to me they are just an inconvenience, and again the minority has ruined it for the majority.