Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P1 to P2 points

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
If for example your on your P1 license an you get a fine that has demerit points attached do the points reset once you get your P2 license or do you have to wait for how ever many years it is for them to come back. Tried searching on the transport site but its hard to find a set answer.

This is for Queensland btw.

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
red p's u have 4 point if u lose 3 you will be on 1.. when you get your greens you will be on 4 instead of 7 they carry over... get them back after 3 years

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I realise you're in QLD, but speaking for how it works here in NSW, you accumulate demerit points for committing various offences (speeding, running red lights etc) and these offences are recorded as having happened on a particular date. Each offence is kept on your record for a period of 3 years from when it was committed. At any point in time you have a license which lets you have a certain number of points before you are suspended (4 for P1, 7 for P2, 12 for fulls), and if at any point in time you have more points on your record than you are allowed before being suspended, you lose your licence.

I guess the short answer is, your points aren't actually linked to your license at all, they are linked to YOU, your license just defines how many you can get before you're suspended. They "reset" three years after you get them, nothing to do with getting a new license etc.