Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P4 displayed on dashboard

Discussion in 'VT - VX Holden Commodore (1997 - 2002)' started by Linds, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Linds

Linds New Member

Members Ride:
    VS SS
    Hi guys, I took my VX SS for a run today & as I was overtaking "P4" came up on the dash. Just wondering if anyone knows what this means, this is the first time it's ever happened, cheers

2. BlackVXGTS

BlackVXGTS Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
    Overspeed warning.

OVERSPEED ADJUSTING
    Instead of adjusting OVERSPEED up and down in 5 km increments, you can set four commonly used speeds, e.g. 60, 80, 100 and 110.
    Hold down the MODE button for 2 seconds when the OVERSPEED display is shown. The display will change from normal OVERSPEED to OVERSPEED PRESET.
    P1 is the first preset number, with a default setting of 60 km/h.
    Tap the ⇑ button to see the second preset, P2, which has a default setting of 80 km/h, P3 has a default setting of 100 km/h and P4 of 110 km/h.
    Tap the ⇑ or ⇓ buttons to move between the preset numbers.
    The OVERSPEED PRESET display has now replaced the normal OVERSPEED display in the set of displays. Tap the MODE button to scroll through the other displays.
    To change the display back to normal OVERSPEED, again hold down the MODE button for 2 seconds while the OVERSPEED PRESET display is shown.

Linds likes this.
  3. Linds

Linds New Member

Members Ride:
    VS SS
    thanks for that
    Thanks for that, I've had the Orange overspeed light come on & the alarm go off but I guess until now I hadn't noticed that come up before, I'll switch it off, cheers