Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pacemaker Extractors question

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
Howdy Guys,

At the end of August ill be in the market for extractors for my car New or used (If you know anyone selling some shoot me a pm)

My question is, are TriY's for the street so you get more up and go from the line and the 4-1's are for drag (More top end)?
Ill be fitting a sureflow exhaust with there substrate cats as well (Probley do that first)

Just wanted to confirm this.
Cheers, Luke

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-vz-wk-wl-v2/99430-my-ride-vy-ss.html

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
are you going to be doing any mods in the future? will you put a cam in or run a supercharger? if not tri y will be enough but id still go for some 4 into 1's. with a tune there will be no low end power loss. go for some 1 3/4" pacies or di filipo.

Ill be just camming it and tune for now. Noticed your from Melton my dad lives there (I was bought up there) and was thinking of getting GM to do the work. How is there turnaround for a cam and tune package?

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
if ur going to cam it then go the 4 into 1's for sure. Yeh GM's work ir pretty good, generally i think it costs around the 3700 for a cam install but less if you pay cash (thats what i did) but last month they were doing them on special for $3000 so you may be able to get it for that price now. how big a cam are you looking at?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If you are doing the cam, go for the big 4-1's. 1 7/8" primaries. When you are ready, let me know and I will give you a good price on some Pacemakers.

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
if ur going to cam it then go the 4 into 1's for sure. Yeh GM's work ir pretty good, generally i think it costs around the 3700 for a cam install but less if you pay cash (thats what i did) but last month they were doing them on special for $3000 so you may be able to get it for that price now. how big a cam are you looking at?

Not realy sure atm ill have to have a chat with the guys at gm beforehand. i wont be doing a 1/4 miles run in it :( Street only

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
If you are doing the cam, go for the big 4-1's. 1 7/8" primaries. When you are ready, let me know and I will give you a good price on some Pacemakers.

Sweet as mate ill let ya know when im ready!

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
Not realy sure atm ill have to have a chat with the guys at gm beforehand. i wont be doing a 1/4 miles run in it :( Street only

ah ok well you wont need anything to crazy. ive got a pretty mild one and theres zero traction on the street. if you feel like a test drive id happily take you for a spin just so you get a feel of what its like. have a look at GMMs website, somthing like the torque master i think its called would be nice. the 224/230 is a proven cam.

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
ah ok well you wont need anything to crazy. ive got a pretty mild one and theres zero traction on the street. if you feel like a test drive id happily take you for a spin just so you get a feel of what its like. have a look at GMMs website, somthing like the torque master i think its called would be nice. the 224/230 is a proven cam.

Hmm well im staying at my dads on monday next week wont be getting there till 10pm or a few hours earlyer. Probley too late for ya lol!