Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pacemaker Extractors Ve Sidi

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
The few tuners I've spoken to say the 3.6 is downtuned to give her better streetability and low down grunt. Link to some graphs and such if I'm wrong.

given that no tuners except Dale would know what a 3.6 sidi tune would look like i'd say they are just talking out there arse for you.

think about it logically, the alloytec has cam phasing on all cams(cept the crappy 170) given the sidi across the sv6 and camaro are the same it makes no sense for gm to purposely tune less torque in at a lower rev range and tune more in later. it would be the same if not more then the commodore at lower rpm and just also have more further in the rev range.

the sv6 is down tuned for street ability. lol stay away from this tuner, the sv6 is down tuned so holden have room to easily improve the power output as years go on. we are talking 15 fly wheel kws. lol and your tuner thinks that the extra probably 6-7rwkws on the camaro tune make the engine completely unstreetable wake up!!!! i don't need to provide graphs i just need to help you see sense reason and logic.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
It's not my tuner at all, just a few guys from the states. I see what you're saying however. Fingers crossed on dales results.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
how would guys in the sates know what a commodore tune looks like. your talking to the wrong people.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
BTW Dales tuned afew 3l sidi's he's getting about 20+rwkws extra out of them. the 3.6 sidi seems to gain similar to the old motor around 15rwkws i'd say there is less left in the tune for them.

Reaction score
Website
www.bkwheels.com.au
Members Ride
VE Commodore
If you haven't changed the sensors yet, you might find that the car will think that it is running too rich or too lean. Without the sensors and cat the car will try to adjust to the new flow and it will start missing.