Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pacemaker extractors

silver_bullet

Now Genesis Blue Bullet
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore S
hey, im thinking of buying these pacemakers, but i looked on the pacemaker site and it said the p/n wasnt suitable for some vn's. the p/n is 5029, it said something about varible steering being in the way of them or something, just wanted to no if i can get them onto my car, its power steering and all. these pacemakers are the comp ones which have bigger primary pipes. the other option is p/n 5009 but i dont have them as an option to buy cheap so if anyone can help that would be great, and if theres any lil tings i should no about when putting extarctors on. i have already got a 2.5" lukey catback. cheers

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
For a relatively stock car, the standard headers would probably perform better man. But if you can get them cheaper than normal pacies go for it.

As for your question...it depends on what year your car is. They do not fit Series 1 VN's by the looks. So what year is yours?

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
yeah they should fit, cariable steering is on the VR calais and statesmans i think, could be wrong, but everything else seems alrgih as long as yuo dont have a cast bellhousing

silver_bullet

Now Genesis Blue Bullet
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore S
yea i got series 1. still bit confused, one person says they will and one says they wont, i dont wanna go and spend a heap of money only to find out they wont fit.

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
these pacies and most pacies join to the exaust with flanges if you dont have flanges you will have a lot of trouble fitting these your self

silver_bullet

Now Genesis Blue Bullet
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore S
xcop5l said:
these pacies and most pacies join to the exaust with flanges if you dont have flanges you will have a lot of trouble fitting these your self

what do flanges look like, they just like whats on the cat. im getting the 'Y' piece aswell so i can connect onto the cat. are u talking about the flanges between the actual extractors and the Y pipe. check out the p/n on pacemaker site and u will no wat im worried about, the ones im getting are p/n 5029 and they have a warnign saying they dont fit some models, i just wanna no if they will fit my series 1. cheers

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
yeah they are the same as on the ends of your cat

as for if the will fit stick your head under your car and have a look
at the fornt of the transmition is the bell housing the bottom half of this will either be a steel (sheet metal) cover or a cast iron cover
if its cast iron they will not fit if its steel they will fit

silver_bullet

Now Genesis Blue Bullet
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore S
well that sucks, its cast :bang: do u no why they wouldnt fit? is it just clearance or soemthing?

silver_bullet

Now Genesis Blue Bullet
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore S
riteo thanks man, looks like im gunna have to try and talk them into the standard automatic ones. not much diff, just smaller primary pipes. cheers