Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pacemakers off S2 getrag v6 on S1 t5

hsv tt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt hsv tt
hey all first post,ok i pulled a set of v6 pacemakers off a S2 manual sedan with getrag(hydraulic clutch) n i think they have variable ratio steering(not sure).putting them in S1 vs ute with t5.pretty sure they will fit but not 100% sure.any help would be appreciated.cheers.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
You may bneed a y peice
hey all first post,ok i pulled a set of v6 pacemakers off a s2 manual sedan with getrag(hydraulic clutch) n i think they have variable ratio steering(not sure).putting them in s1 vs ute with t5.pretty sure they will fit but not 100% sure.any help would be appreciated.cheers.

hsv tt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt hsv tt
yeh i have y piece 2 suit,thats not the issue,was more talking clearance in engine bay but i spoke to a bloke from an exhaust shop that i do a bit of business with through work n he said primarys are different from cable to hydraulic,just wont fit.normally i would just see 4 myslef but im respraying ute and bay n dont want 2 scratch the new bay trying to fit something that wont.i will start a ride profile when i work it out.bought it for $600 bout a year n a half ago with no reg,spun bearings(sound like diesel lol),smashed tail gate n a decent ding in rear quarter.but i had to buy it being 5spd.just thought id post info about extractors,might be useful to sum1 else.

hsv tt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt hsv tt
cable and hydraulic have different primarys on headers apparently
so they wont fit spoke to exhaust bloke i know 2day.normally id just c if they fit but respraying ute n dont wanna scratch new bay putting them in if they wont fit.will start a ride profile soon.vs ute 5spd.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
well pacemaker don't list a seperate part number for T5's and Getrags.

the VS extractors installation instructions mention having to take material from the bellhousing of the T5, but not the Getrags.
they also mention that the y-pipe fitted to series 2 on need modifying, series 2 on been Getrag.

They also fit cars fitted with variable ratio p/s.

hsv tt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt hsv tt
cheers for the info wamboin23,the engine is still in the car so i'll just see if they fit b4 i pull it out.ill let yous know.