Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paddle Shifter extensions??

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
fine in a straight line, not really great if you want to shift round the twisties.

if it's just stuck on i can imagine they'd fall off on a hot day or a few uses. I was thinking they'd maybe slot over the bottom and then some adhesive.

Don't have that issue when holding the wheel at 9 and 3

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
fine in a straight line, not really great if you want to shift round the twisties.

I drive a manual so I'll ask the question, don't the paddles rotate with the steering wheel?

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I've only ever driven a car that didnt have rotating paddles and it sucked for cornering. It was an amarok though

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I drive a manual so I'll ask the question, don't the paddles rotate with the steering wheel?

they do and often my hands are not where the paddles are. longer paddles (as seen in many sports cars) alleviate this somewhat, my hands aren't glued to where the paddles live.

Last edited:

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
they do and often my hands are not where the paddles are. longer paddles (as seen in many sports cars) alleviate this somewhat, my hands aren't glued to where the paddles live.
Yes I have noticed this when cornering sharp having trouble to change gears with paddles

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Don't have that issue when holding the wheel at 9 and 3

This is me, I have a couple of cars with paddles and use the 9 and 3 position even when cornering and don't have any problems as they are always at my finger tips.

I can't think of any times I change mid corner anyway unless I change down to flick the arse out and I'm too old for that anyway.

If I need to full lock the wheel while manoeuvring I'm usually going too slow to change.