Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

paint colour

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
It won't be.

I've never seen a any touchup paint match perfectly (trust me I've tried).

You've also got 13 years of wear on your paint with a 2010 VE. Even if the cars been garaged it's whole life the hue of the paint changes over it's life slightly meaning that an off the shelf paint is going to be much brighter.

The only way to get a matched touch up can is to take say your fuel flap into a paint shop and get them to match it, even then it will be close but not 100% but it will be the closest your going to get.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Just to add to this too, touch up paints never last, and they never look good.

If your looking to fix a scratch or a chip etc, you'll likely end up making it look 10x worse and not to mention the car is painted in 2k and 90% of touch up cans are acrylic meaning it will likely fail or flake off etc after a while.

The only real way to fix deep scratches, paint damage etc is to respray the panel unless it's something that can be wet sanded and polished out. Every, single touchup I've ever seen has looked worse than just leaving the damage there.

If you mask up a particular area on a panel, and then spray the damaged area with a rattle can even a properly matched one, your still going to spot the repair a mile away.

Last edited:

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
As above. Get it matched, we charge about $25 for a matched spray can. Changes a little depending on what tinters are in there etc.