Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paint for Single DIN fascia

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Just bought one of em off ebay and the bright spark who listed it had a silver one (for exec and S pack) and ended up selling me a black one that wouldn't even match with an SS coloured interior.
Is it possible to purchase paint that rivals the same colour of the plastic in the interior, or am i up for a crap looking dash for the rest of my life?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Nah mate, i painted minein my old vy and it came up great! Just take out the top panel of your centre console and take it in, they'll match the paint up for you without any probs. Just get some plastic primmer while you're there.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Nah mate, i painted minein my old vy and it came up great! Just take out the top panel of your centre console and take it in, they'll match the paint up for you without any probs. Just get some plastic primmer while you're there.

Thanks boss, where abouts did you go to get the paint?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Thanks boss, where abouts did you go to get the paint?

I just went to my local hammonds outlet and got it. They done it up in a spray can for me in about 10 mins.:thumbsup: