Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paint pains...

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
it only takes about an hour to do 4 coats no need for days as soon as the thinners has evaporated from the last coat you can add the next pretty much by the time you get round the car and thin the next batch of paint you ready for the next coat.

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
that all really depends on how ya painting it. ie will take a few days if you are painting inside the doors and jams and under bonnet, letting dry then re installing parts and back masking to do the outside of the car...

lil_mickey

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 253 :-)
Just been to look at a VK mock that was painted black in a shed during winter and i couldn't belive the finish he got...
he resprayed the whole car from light blue to black in 3 days including bumpers, grill, etc.

He told me basicly to keep dust to a minimum and warm the shed to around 25 degrees before painting...
Also to use more thinners...

Does this sound right?

lil_mickey

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's getting closer to crunch time...

I think that i am going to have a go at black, because thats the colour i wanted before the weather report, And it will be redone black later anyway.

I have actualy read and thought about your replies but I dont think i am aiming as higher quality as most of you may think.
I just want to cover the car for a Roadworthy and to protect the exposed body until i get it into a shop at a later date...(without it looking like a bomb)

The guy i mentioned earlier has recommended "jet black" from supercheap and said he may be able to give me a hand so i will see how much thinners he uses...

We need the rain so i cant complain but it is still a pain that it decided to come right now... LOL

Oh, and will black primer show up any defects more than grey primer?
Just wanted to know so i can find them before the base coat goes over(never used black primer)

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
It's getting closer to crunch time...

I think that i am going to have a go at black, because thats the colour i wanted before the weather report, And it will be redone black later anyway.

I have actualy read and thought about your replies but I dont think i am aiming as higher quality as most of you may think.
I just want to cover the car for a Roadworthy and to protect the exposed body until i get it into a shop at a later date...(without it looking like a bomb)

The guy i mentioned earlier has recommended "jet black" from supercheap and said he may be able to give me a hand so i will see how much thinners he uses...

We need the rain so i cant complain but it is still a pain that it decided to come right now... LOL

Oh, and will black primer show up any defects more than grey primer?
Just wanted to know so i can find them before the base coat goes over(never used black primer)

my bros using jet black on his with grey primer, its just being primed so far... i think grey would be better, so u can see where u have painted... :whistling

lil_mickey

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Members Ride
my bros using jet black on his with grey primer, its just being primed so far... i think grey would be better, so u can see where u have painted... :whistling

LOL... that makes perfect sense...:bang: