Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paint Pealing!

GIMPY1

Bass Slappin Mag Designer
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN GENIII
Hey Guys,

Im just about to sell my other car, and my car had been in a bingle by the previous owner and the bonnet was re-sprayed, now its starting to lift and peel. is there anyway i can stop it or repair it without buying paint, clear, bringing our my spray gun etc...as i said im selling it and dont care that much!

Any help would be great!

IMG_0196.JPG

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
this is dodgy, like real dodgy lol but you could maybe try to hold the paint edge down using some superglue?
not sure if it will react with either paint but its worth a try.

btw the finish on that panel is ####ing terrible

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
####ing jesus, what a crap paint job......the problem you have is caused by **** prep work, note the surface below the current paint job.

Strip it back and paint it again is the only way to fix it

GIMPY1

Bass Slappin Mag Designer
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN GENIII
Tell me about it, the hole bonnet is all Orange Peel! Dont wanna go as far as stripping it back..It's a Kia..i dont really care! haha! fudge it! will just sell it in its condition! thanks guys!

Shambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series III CV8 & VE 3.0 Omega
...is there anyway i can stop it or repair it without buying paint, clear, bringing our my spray gun etc.

When the paint looks like that theres not much you can do without stripping and repainting to bring it up to a reasonable standard.

If you dont want to buy paint and mess around perhaps leave it parked somewhere with the keys in it :whistling

alshemary

drive it like u stole it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
300ZX Twin Turbo/VZ SS/VY Calais
dude if its not too big of a spot, you can duct tape the spot.. i used clear book covering on my crappy pulsar.. worked a treat..

alshemary

drive it like u stole it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
300ZX Twin Turbo/VZ SS/VY Calais
jus make sure u clean the surface well before you apply the duct tape so you dont get its edges pealing off.. i had to remove mine, clean it and use finer duct tape you cant even see it now and its been on for a year or so..