Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paint Protection. Should I get it or just use a GOOD Polish

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Rub the whole car down with 1500 wet and dry ,problem solved whole car is now dull and all panels the same. :rolleyes:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Well the paint on my back passenger side door is **** compared to the rest of the car too. It's like it has had one less coat than the rest of the car or something... Maybe it's a factory fitted defect.
Again I have a good eye and can notice this. for me its very noticeable. Again if it take the Door fully OFF and park it on the Grass the sun out of under shade that effected door 99% of people would say it looks BEAUTIFUL but if I take the other 3 Door off or any other panel and park it next to the effected door you will say FU.k that shine is incredible why is the rear door for the passengers side not as shinny as the rest.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well the paint on my back passenger side door is **** compared to the rest of the car too. It's like it has had one less coat than the rest of the car or something... Maybe it's a factory fitted defect.
Maybe they ran out of clear..... LOL.LOL

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rub the whole car down with 1500 wet and dry ,problem solved whole car is now dull and all panels the same. :rolleyes:
Arghhhhhh Fcuk NOOOOO I could image a Paint shop blending that side to match that dull rear door. There is no doubt a reason for this and I think when they repaired the Door the knew the car has some special paint protection and did not want to blend it to suit the fixed repainted panel.

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
The driver's door on my second-hand purchase VF Evoke wagon had some paintless dent repair done to it before I bought it. When I inspected it prior to sale I didn't pick it up at all because it had been highly polished. A few weeks later you could actually see a straight line of minute touch-up marks down the door. I could see it but others thought I was being nitpicky. Well it bothered me so much I polished the door with a polishing machine and it came up okay once again. Being a black car every mark shows. I will NEVER buy a black vehicle again!