Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Painted VE SV6 Engine Bay

ve_alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Just Painted the engine bay of my 06 SV6 was going to paint the air filter box and fuse cover the silver colour??? Tell us what you think???

Attachments

• SV6Engine2.jpg
    SV6Engine2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 6,823
  • SV6Engine1.jpg
    SV6Engine1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 10,814

jaffassv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Nice job! Looks good how it is now but pretty sure painting the fuse box and air filter box would sweet too

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Looks good mate....I'd be inclined to leave as is.....the black breaks it up where if you paint the fuse box and air filter box also it might be tooo much silver.

Get the guys with the pencils & textas in the photoshop thread to do it for you to see how she looks

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
yea good idea but unfortunately it is very hard to replicate the silver colour I personally think I looks great how it is at the moment

ve_alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thankz for the input guys, i was thinking of painting it matte/gloss black?? or even a matte/gloss red not to sure though?? but i agree that silver on the fuse and air filter box wont look good.

Adameksv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 2010
looks sweet as mate, yeah i rekon gloss red for the air box and fuse box would look mean

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
looks sweet as mate, yeah i rekon gloss red for the air box and fuse box would look mean

Yeah mate second that motion red would look horn would be a good break up in the colour scheme of things, but that's top job so far but do get the fellas over in the photoshop thread to give you an idea and maybe some other colours to mix it up :) But good job so far.

ve_alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Cheer SV666 :) i was also thinking of getting some ve omega rim centre cap and painting them black?? but im not sure if they will fit on the aftermaket rims ive got??

Attachments

• Rims.jpg
    Rims.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,042

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
personally I hate the alloytec engine covers, look nasally as. I'd be rippin em off if I was you. They are a massive heat trap.