Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

painting engine bays

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
bout 300 for 4L or you can ask for it to be mixed in with your tin of black so it will just be add hardner and reducer and off you go.

just remember that any huge bits of **** that land on the panels cant be buffed out.
most wont be seen that bad but if theyre huge the panel willl need to be done again

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
lay base down, add matting agent to clear @ 2:1/50% then add hardner and reducer and shes good to go

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
just use slow thinners, lay it on heavy but not heavy enough to run and once its covered mist over the top till it looks right. sit back and watch the metallic settle and go from there.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
my main fear of doing the metallic is i need to do the whole car all in one go to get the colour right on every panel, but a car that size and in my small garage, im sure to f'k something up, for example get to the last coat of clear and have the air hose rub a panel (which has happened before) with a solid colour it wouldnt really bother me you just hit some more on it and block back the lump once its dry, but with a COB it'd mean pretty much going back to the start. :(