Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

painting rocket covers

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
Hey can some one on here tell me A) what paint to paint my rocket covers with and also how to remove them safely and stuff liek that...

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
firstly its rocker cover...i have never pulled one off but due to heat you would need heat proof paint, like for exhausts, brake calipers and what not.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
that is a pet hate of mine too. i don't think there is any rockets under there.. ya should be able to get away with any enamal paint out of a can. i painted a 265 hemi with cheap spray pack paint and none of it ever came off. it is still on the motor to this day with a good high gloss. and i painted it about 8 years ago..
i reckon the rocker covers look good poilshed. i have a set to put on my car. it will look great

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
My brake calipers are painted with Orange gloss enamal paint which costed $3 from supercheap and they are still bright orange and glossy after one and half years.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
I got my rocker covers and other covers powder coated red almost a year ago and they are fine.Cost me about $75 plus getting them stripped.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
its only about $15 a can from autobarn for some high temp, i did my calipers with it and it looks nice, i might paint my plenium and covers

flyen

bye bye
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
im actually doing this atm

i'm using heat resistant brake caliper paint
i've already started with some other stuff but the rocker covers are next

i'll post pics of what it looks like finished soon:D

Attachments

• gold.JPG
    gold.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 608
  • brake paint.jpg
    brake paint.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 438

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
^^ yer should look awsome! its so cheap but effective just like painting the calipers.. my calipers are red so i might coulour code key engine parts like you are with a bit of red

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
38VNIT said:
Hey can some one on here tell me A) what paint to paint my rocket covers with and also how to remove them safely and stuff liek that...

Firstly, what sort of rocket are you painting??? Is it an old school Apollo, a Shuttle, or one of those new euro things???

I am a fan of White myself but you need some of that ultra high temperature stuff because normal paint just burns off during re-entry. Also you need some good polish because the bugs get stuck good and propper when you hit them doing mach 3.

Always happy to be of assistance :thumbsup:

Reaper