Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

painting the rims

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Love the grill and spoiler dude, this would look hot on my SSV ute. How much and where did you get it done?

HSV factory mate. It would look **** on your SSV ute because your SSV ute is NOT a HSV.

ads72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim 3.8
HSV factory mate. It would look **** on your SSV ute because your SSV ute is NOT a HSV.

lol...yeah just like your HAND painted rims are HSV, hey?

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
I got my SSV rims sand blasted and powder coated in satin black for $60 a wheel

jayceon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
finally went through with it. satin black powdercoat...240$ not including refitting and balance. what do you think?

jayceon-albums-sv6-picture113595-image0439.jpg

robbieharris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 60th anniversory
i have the 60th anniversary rims i was thinking of getting them sprayed black aswell

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
just a quick note for consideration RE painting rims

a mate of mine got his rims painted black and they looked real good but 6months later they were terrible because the brake dust had pitted into the clear coat (he did run aggressive pads and big brakes)
anyway I got mine powdercoated black around the same time and mine are still looking brand new...

because powdercoating involves a cure at very high temps, the paint is very resistant to temperature and much harder than standard paint, so just keep in mind that you can wreck your nice paint with brake dust at high temps

in my opinion - powdercoating is much better

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
There are high-temp paint sealants on the market that will help save painted wheels from brake dust. Need to reapply at least every two months. Powder coating is definitely much tougher but so long as you look after them, painted wheels are fine too.

Nikk_90

TINBUM
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
powder coating is the way to go, $65 ea. even though my now black wheels look like steels from a distance on my SSV, i reckon they look tops but. just need to do those hidious calipers now