Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

painting the rims

Nikk_90

TINBUM
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
you can get high gloss and mirrored finishes with powdercoating too

yeah i know this, i got satin black. and i hate gloss and shiny ****, which is why i got a white one and have painted the shiny bits satin black as well. i was just pointing out that solid black wheels will sometimes look like steels

jayceon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
nice mate whered u get that done? howe long did it take em?

hey bro...i live in adelaide so it wont be that helpful for you. took them in on monday and got the car back on friday. they were good blokes though...had pride in what they were doing. sometimes industrial powdercoaters cant be bothered doing these small jobs.

VPbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX clubsport
Thought i'd share this info with you guys as i did a bit of research into spraying/powdercoating.

Just had my VE GTS rims powdercoated from a guy in St Albans (picked them up last night). Unbeliveable job. Bead blasted, chemically cleaned and repaired scracthes, and I got to choose any Dupon or Dulux paint. Charges between $50-70 a rim and powdercoated all the way to the back lip of the rim!
I rang all reputable places in Melbourne before I found him and no one came close. For me to have repaired 1 Shadow Chrome rim (found on HSV wheels) is around $300 a wheel as ROH own the paint and sell by the Litre... also paint shops have to undercoat black before spraying and generally can't match that colour without spraying all 4 wheels... probably the reason why everyone is spraying HSV rims different colours as it's a shyt load cheaper.

Anyway, here are some pics with the rims sitting next to the car:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Thought i'd share this info with you guys as i did a bit of research into spraying/powdercoating.

Just had my VE GTS rims powdercoated from a guy in St Albans (picked them up last night). Unbeliveable job. Bead blasted, chemically cleaned and repaired scracthes, and I got to choose any Dupon or Dulux paint. Charges between $50-70 a rim and powdercoated all the way to the back lip of the rim!
I rang all reputable places in Melbourne before I found him and no one came close. For me to have repaired 1 Shadow Chrome rim (found on HSV wheels) is around $300 a wheel as ROH own the paint and sell by the Litre... also paint shops have to undercoat black before spraying and generally can't match that colour without spraying all 4 wheels... probably the reason why everyone is spraying HSV rims different colours as it's a shyt load cheaper.

Anyway, here are some pics with the rims sitting next to the car:

Interesting, I always wondered how hard it would be to match shadow chrome

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Nah! Black on black is awesome!

IMG_0606.jpg

Yep but I'm biased

IMG_4155.jpg