Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Painting VE calais radiator grille

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calaislicious

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais v
Hello Ladies and gentlemen, the grille on my ve calais took some heat damage from a radiator issue i had and is faded now im wanting to re-spray it. I vaguely recall a post which talked about a genuine GM black colour spray can from SCA or repco. Does anyone know of the colour/brand? Also any tips with respraying the grille would be much appreciated. Thanks legends

Sveno

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais L98
Hey buddy I have a Ve Calais I just repainted my grill but just for cosmetic reason. I just wanted to black out the badge...but it's pretty simple it's all in the preparation...make sure you have a smooth surface before painting (no deep scratches but if you do get some plastic filler and follow the instructions on the tin) SCA do a color coded pressure pack if you know the paint code it's so much easier. Remember to use only the one product line. SCA uses color spec but you must use the same brand filler..primer... base coat and clear so that way everything is compatible..

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I had a thread on it when I did mine.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Hey buddy I have a Ve Calais I just repainted my grill but just for cosmetic reason. I just wanted to black out the badge...but it's pretty simple it's all in the preparation...make sure you have a smooth surface before painting (no deep scratches but if you do get some plastic filler and follow the instructions on the tin) SCA do a color coded pressure pack if you know the paint code it's so much easier. Remember to use only the one product line. SCA uses color spec but you must use the same brand filler..primer... base coat and clear so that way everything is compatible..
Got a pic of your final job?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I painted the grill on our VE S1 Calais to be gloss black. Took ages but looked better. I also did the lower trim in the bumper gloss black.

There’s photos on here.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The photos are there.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride