Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Painting VE stock rims

Veale

Brad
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Tomorrow I'm painting my stock rims, they're patchy and I'm over it, so I'm painting them white on the surface and gloss black on the inside and dish. Note my VE is White and I've painted my calipers blue. If anybody would like to see any photo's let me know and I'll show you the progress :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
9th Consecutive Commodore: VEII
What sort of paint are you using?

I would have thought powdercoating would be the go.

Veale

Brad
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I would powder coat, but I earn about 50 bucks a week haha. I'm just using cheapo spray can stuff. Primering, painting, then clear coating. I did it on my calipers and they turned out quite well considering it was my first time painting. It's only costing about 30 bucks so if it fades or gets scratched in the future I can re-do it without any worries

Veale

Brad
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
This is my calipers

Attachments

• IMG_1711.jpg
    IMG_1711.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 737

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
You have an SV6 VE and you only earn 50 bucks a week?, maybe wait till you can afford to powdercoat them otherwise you"ll probably just end up having to spray them again in a few months n it will look pretty average.

Veale

Brad
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
My parents are paying for fuel while I'm getting my qualifications for auto electrician, and as for social life.. I don't have much of one at the moment, I work weekends to get the 50 bucks and I go to tafe during the week >.< in about 3 months i'll be able to get a job and spend on much more quality things for my car

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
...They must have bought the car for you aswell cos a VE SV6 doesn't just materialise out of thin air...lucky s.o.b

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
A lot of powdercoaters won't do wheels as the baking process can really weaken the alloy. I looked into having my wheels done and I'm glad I called around and found that out before I went to the first bloke who said he'd do them.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk