Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

painting wheels

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
ive got those old cop rims under my hubcaps , u know the ones with the small holes all around the circumfrence.
theyre black and rusty at the moment, im thinking of cleaning them up and either spraying them black, chrome , or gunmetal .... what type of paint should i use?

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
not sure it matters too much mate, maybe use primer first and it should last.

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
I'd use something fairly resistant like hi temp paint or engine enamel. It's probably your best bet against both heat and stone chips. If you don't really care how long it lasts, spray them with "GMH black". It gives a mat black finish and looks pretty good.

Radarboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
The wheels you have under the hub caps are standard steel rims. The rims you are thinking of are 'Chaser rims' and are actually 1 inch wider than standard rims. Most Chaser rims are silver in colour however spraying them black with chrome dress rims is a cheap eye catching way of making the rims look a bit better than standard rims. That's what I recon anyway, but it's all about taste and better still you being happy on how the final look appeals to you.