Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paintwork Stains

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
ok here we go i have a few bird **** stains on the roof of my car does anyone know how to get rid of them without repainting the roof.

i have used cut and polish on it tonight but that dont work

P

Phil

Hey there Jafo,

As someone who details cars on the side bird crap on car paint work is a nightmare.
If the stain is just a ring mark left over from the crap it will be easy to remove. As you have stated that you used cut & polish to try and remove the stain then its a little worse than the normal.

What I would recommend is getting it to a panel shop and have them buff the car. If you have the gear yourself then get some.
* 3M Rubbing compound, it comes in a 1ltr black plastic bottle.
* 3M Perfect-it Polishing Pad Glaze, comes in a 1ltr black plastic bottle.
* Woollen Buffing Pad.
* 3M foam waffle pad.
* You will need to use a buffing machine to achive the best results.
* Use a wool pad to do your cutting and spray the compound with a little water, this just softens the stuff a little.
* Set the speed of the buffer to about 900 to 1200 rpms... if its any faster you need to be carefull not to rub the paint off.
* Use the rubbing compound on the whole roof not just the affected area as you will notice a big difference one you have done the roof.
* You can just test it first on one of the spots and see if it goes. Then do the whole roof.
* Once you have completed that wash of the excess as if its left to dry its very hard to get off.
* Change the woollen pad for the black foam waffle pad to use the buffing polish.
* Then use the Perfect-it polish to finish off the job, this product is great, it will remove any swerls on the paint surface and can be used on the whole car by itself. This product can be used by hand also, its good for removing those CAT scratches on the bonnet...
* Use a little water with the polish also as it increases the heat when buffing which will give you the show room shine gloss on your paint.
* After all that give the car a realy good wash as this stuff flicks everywhere.
* Then finaly touch the paint off with some good quality carnubawax (excuse the spelling).

Wear some shitty clothes as it can get a little messy... hehe but its great fun!!...

Hope this is some help to you, I know it seems long but I thought I'd step it out so as to not confuse anyone... If you need more info give me a hoi.

Cheers

Phil

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
thanks for that phil
that helps alot as this is the first car ive had with a decent paint job.
all the others were well to say in a nice way crappy

P

Phil

Anytime jafo,

The cutters I have recomended are not a real harsh grade but more of an intermediate. The best results are done using a sander/polisher machine. Some holden dealerships sell the products I mentioned in their spares or paint section.

You can use the rubbing compound (or cutters) can be used by hand without causing those unsightly scatches caused by the general cutters you buy from an auto spares shop.

Just remember one simple rule when rubbing back paint work " Just a little at a time" and take you time....

You will like the results.

Cheers
Phil