Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pandora to be discontinued in Australia

CyanPixie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline - Slipstream Blue
The thing is that it isn't just the Commodore that uses MyLink - the Barina, Cruze and Malibu all use MyLink. There will be a few people that will be annoyed with this, me included and you would hope Holden would do something. I just took out the premium subscription so I could get rid of the ad's!

It was just convenient to plug my phone in and the cable did the rest. I am going to have to plug in the USB car charger in now, since Bluetooth audio and the MyLink USB ports seem to be enemies on iOS.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It was just convenient to plug my phone in and the cable did the rest. I am going to have to plug in the USB car charger in now, since Bluetooth audio and the MyLink USB ports seem to be enemies on iOS.
Isn't it possible to plug the 'phone in and play music via that same USB cable?

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOAG MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
come and software update it to include apple CarPlay/android auto. its a stretch but a man can only hope

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
does mylink use it's own data?

Maybe you can have a VPN on your device, that "should" work.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I never plug my phone in unless it needs a charge. I just Bluetooth it so I can use Apple Music, YouTube or Spotify anyway.
So the app is kinda pointless anyway.

You must have an iPhone. The app certainly isn't pointless on Android where you can use bluetooth for it ;-)
I also never use the USB port for charging.. it's a mere 500mA which isn't hefty enough really.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
You must have an iPhone. The app certainly isn't pointless on Android where you can use bluetooth for it ;-)
I also never use the USB port for charging.. it's a mere 500mA which isn't hefty enough really.

You can change source to Bluetooth and play Pandora from your phone. It just doesn't use the MyLink Pandora app.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maybe you can have a VPN on your device, that "should" work.
I'd have thought so too ... the Pandora server just has to think you're not in Oz.
Not a very plug-and-play option unfortunately (and a Pandora subscription here may not work in the US in the same way a Netflix one oddly does).

Adza75 said:
I didn't know that! I've only used it a couple of times (it's sort-of annoying having to pull out the USB stick with our entire music library which lives in that port), but I didn't notice the terrible charging slowness I see with really old chargers.
To be honest I'm a bit surprised there are so many cigarette-lighter power outlets & yet only one USB port. I'll bet the cigarette-lighter power outlets do more than 500mA.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I am ******* annoyed as my current optus plan includes free streaming for Pandora...it does not count toward my data allowance...

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
I'd have thought so too ... the Pandora server just has to think you're not in Oz.
Not a very plug-and-play option unfortunately (and a Pandora subscription here may not work in the US in the same way a Netflix one oddly does).

I didn't know that! I've only used it a couple of times (it's sort-of annoying having to pull out the USB stick with our entire music library which lives in that port), but I didn't notice the terrible charging slowness I see with really old chargers.
To be honest I'm a bit surprised there are so many cigarette-lighter power outlets & yet only one USB port. I'll bet the cigarette-lighter power outlets do more than 500mA.
I have a couple of cig to USB power adaptors so i'll use them for charging and leave the ultra fit USB in for music

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have a couple of cig to USB power adaptors so i'll use them for charging and leave the ultra fit USB in for music
I know that's an option, it's just annoying to get out of your grown-up's car with one USB & into your little sister's city toy-car & see 3 USB slots (and an HDMI port - huh?!).