Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Panel Beater ****ed up my body kit!!

rgv-bt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
here are some pics taken on my phone.

they dont show much but you can still see the problem

rgv-bt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Here are the links to the pics:

Image001.jpg

Image002.jpg

Image005.jpg

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Lazy painters. Rather then match the colour correctly to compensate for the faded panels they have just painted it in the oringal colour.
AirStrike :air:

Exactly what he said... They didn't color match... There fault unless you left your car there an asked to color match...

Cheers
MaT

rgv-bt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Well when you go to the panel beaters and ask them to paint your panels you expect them to come up the same colour as the car

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Well when you go to the panel beaters and ask them to paint your panels you expect them to come up the same colour as the car

No... Wrong.. You "ASSUME" They will paint it the same color as the car. If you just say paint in in blah blah blah color they'll do it. If you say Match the color, They'll do it.

Remember kids, When you ASSUME You make an ASS out of U & ME

Cheers
MaT

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
to me it looks like they have painted the same colour as ur car stripe on the side?

im guessing this was not an 'after market part' you wanted painted along with ur skirts

so id say they just gone and painted it same as strips no the car!

rgv-bt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
nah the strips were black and "they" painted them that colour along with the side skirts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
I had my back bumper repaired and resprayed earlier this year. When they resprayed it the used the original color code for the respray and didn't do a colour match. This pic below was taken after the repair and you can clearly see the difference in color match, between the back bumper and the rear quarter panel.

I took it to the local car detailer and he gave the car a good cut and polish and wax / ran his polishing machine over the car. You can't even tell the difference after that.

Click on pic for larger

so I would suggest a cut, polish and wax before going back and complaining to them. Even if it doesn't get the color to match you will have a nice shiny car anyway ;) .