Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Panel Beaters in Altona North

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Dear JC members,

Putting out there if there is any panel beaters in Altona North that could repair the damage to the right rear corner of a VY Berlina (as per photo),
Unfortunately the contractors replacing the U/G water pipes damaged the car with their front/rear end loader struck the back corner, and they (contractors) are willing to pay for it,
However the quote the relative got, was over the top, so he is looking if someone local that’s either retired, or works from home that was willing to fix it,

The rear bumper has to be replaced due to another accident 2 weeks prior, where someone else rear ended it in the city, and is waiting for it to go in for that repair, then get the front end loader incident fixed.

Attachments

• 34EFE5A8-DE3B-44E9-BBE4-34BEB9F133E5.jpeg
    34EFE5A8-DE3B-44E9-BBE4-34BEB9F133E5.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 145

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Are you insured? Let your insurance sort it out if you are.

It's the contractors fault so they shouldn't have a say in where you get the repairs carried out and at what cost.

They should at least have public liability insurance which they can use as they damaged your car while carrying out their work.

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
If you’re really looking for the cheapest way out, buy a panel hammer and a dolly and have a go. Wouldn’t take an experienced person an hour to have that ready for primer. Excluding bootlid obviously, doubt they’re even available new anymore. When car goes into the shop for the rear bar pay them extra to paint both quarters and second hand bootlid. I’m guessing the quote you got was 3-4k to fix? Which isn’t unreasonable these days.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
That’ll be a new boot lid, rear panel and light lens for me.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Thanks for the reply's everyone.

Not my car, thank goodness, but a relatives car.
[But it is one I maintain, and its in really good condition, well it was !]
Relative did say, he will probably sell it in a few months, as he has the option to get a family owned car [Mazda]

@hademall You are spot on for the repair procedure/requirements , Quote was $5,7xx

In general, the reason I asked for the relative, was not to save/collect on it,
but the down time is the problem, as he works in the city everyday, and travels to Geelong at least once a week.
Other option I guess, is hire a car, trying to avoid that.

The contractors requested a quote, and said they will pay for it, send them the quote, and they said that would pay for the repairs,
but you need to sort the repairer out yourself,
Since then, they [the contractors] have decided to put it through their Public Liability insurance as @Jeda mentioned they should do.

So it will be off the road for 3 weeks for the 2 different accidents, right PITA I recon.

Thanks again.

Last edited: