Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PanHard Rod and Shifty buisness's

doyab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive V6
Ok have 2 questions

1, Ok i have brought an adj panhard Rod because im soon to be lowering my car. I bought a pedders one. now id like to know which way does it need to be installed? refering to the bend/kink in the rod.

2, I was looking around for prices on Lowering my car with pedders stuff. and im come across a Wheel and tyre shop on sydney rd in melbourne(not sure if im allowed to mention the name). They said they could lower my car with pedders springs all round and shocks in rear for 550 fitted. Went home and told my mate (who works in autobarn) about the deal they offered and he tolds me that one of his work mates got ripped off there. apprently they said they was giving him pedders but all they did was cut his springs and paint them red.

As to how much truth is in this I dont know. but how often/likly does this stuff happen. and if you know the shop im talking bout whats your experiences with them. It seems like an offer to good to refuse but if there gonna do that to me id like to stay well away. thanks.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Ok have 2 questions

. They said they could lower my car with pedders springs all round and shocks in rear for 550 fitted.

What about the front shocks? I seriously doubt a suspension centre cut somebody's springs and painted them red. If that really did happen then that person would have taken the car straight to a Lawyer along with a mechanic and would have won a major law suit against them.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the bend goes on the exhaust side so it clears the exhaust when lowered

doyab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive V6
hmm yeah thats what they recomended. but thats what i would have thought so that solves that problem.

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
mate pedder are not the BEST brand around.
look in the trading post on this site and you will find lowered springs fairly cheap.

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
No way dude i paid $118 for rears, $225 for the fronts, $150 pan hard rod, $150 for al springs and this is mates rates.

Steer clear of there mate. The guys at Pedders in Ringwood are excellent

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Pedders are not the cheapest around, nor do I consider their shocks suitable for any more than mundane daily driving done by mums taking their kids to school. Check out site sponsor GSL Rallysport for a set of KYB's or similar.

Reaper

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
A mate of mine spent nearly $3500 on a full suspension setup there. Rides like airbags,corners flat, sits low and legal everybody who's been in his car praises the setup he has.

Pedders are not bad mad just because you may use something else. No offense meant Reaper

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
lovells have always been good for me

doyab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive V6
Just fitted the panhard rod. and was quite easy.