Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Panhard Rod (Bolt and Sleeve on Chassis end) - Where to buy?

WeeGee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG S-Pack Ute M5 (L27) and VF2 SS A6 (LS3)
I am trying to remove the Panhard rod however the High Tensile bolt will not budge out due to what seems like the sleeve that slips over the bolt inside the rubber bush is basically rusted in. I have tried breaking it out with a metal G clamp and plenty of freeze spray lubricant and no budging it. Due to accessibility limitations I cant get a decent swing of a hammer at it.

I suspect I might have to cut the bolt out using a hacksaw or angle grinder but I cant find a 10.9 High Tensile bolt M12 x 65mm that is the same size as the original factory one. The local dealer says both the bolt and its 42mm long sleeve are 'NLA'.

Anyone know where to get the bolt and sleeve?

WeeGee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG S-Pack Ute M5 (L27) and VF2 SS A6 (LS3)
Today I've located one from Fulcrum/Superpro. Part No. SPF0030T (42mm long, 18 OD, 12.1 ID). Contact a Bursons store to order it in.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Thanks WeeGee for the question and the answer. Good luck with getting the old part off. Have you tried using a propane torch on it prior to cold spraying? If you give that a go have something on hand to douse flames as well because you are close to a bunch of things you don't want to ignite. Don't do it at all if you have any petrol fumes from perished breather lines on fuel tank etc etc

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Bump. Any progress on this job?