Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Panhard Rod Bushes

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Had a bit of a clunk noise in the rear end for a while, notice 1 of my exhaust rubber mounts at the tailpipe was broken, eventually got a new 1 then eventually got around to fitting the new mount expecting it to fix the knock.

Surprise surprise the knock was still there..... Pulled all the **** outta the boot, still had the knock..... Investigated a little further and found that i dont have any Panhard Rod Bushes left.....Got me a wobbly rear end......

Hopefully Rapeco will have the bushes in stock 2morrow and hope that its a relatively easy job??

I assume the bushes are a press in fit?

Last edited:

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
It don't get much simpler, they just slide on.

Many don't realize that while the car sits on the wheels you will find it near impossible to move the panhard rod even with stuffed bushes, the top inner bush is usually the one at fault.

myVRrules

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8L manual, VE Omega Sportswagon
Yep, they are pretty straighforward. When I changed mine I found the clunk actually came from the sway bar mount bushes which needed to be changed too...so look there next if it ain't fixed.

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Yeah simple as job, was actually the bush on the diff. Was no existant!!!