Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PaRaDoX's MA71 Manual Turbo Targa Supra

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
its more of a big game of memory + lego

these silly jap blocks are a puzzle!, its fairly simple atm but when i get the head back on it will be a hell of alot more confusing, thank god im fitting the head on the engine stand!

PS: luke's car is crazier!

can anyone recommend a good alloy fabricator in Melbourne's Eastern Suburbs? i need my plenum modified..

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
LOL sounds like another manifold job for me :) pm me if your interested i'm more than happy to give it a shot turn around isnt very quick though but im cheap :p

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I had a look at some pictures and did a bit of reading on the net seems alternator is in the way of most Front facing setups although i cant find any pictures of modified stock ones. Seems theres a a bracket needed to drop the alternator down a little to get clearance.
Another option it seems is to relocate battery and go around the alternator

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
I had a look at some pictures and did a bit of reading on the net seems alternator is in the way of most Front facing setups although i cant find any pictures of modified stock ones. Seems theres a a bracket needed to drop the alternator down a little to get clearance.
Another option it seems is to relocate battery and go around the alternator

im handy with the arc welded and i have the motor out of the car plus a dummy rig anyway to build it on :p ill sort the bracket out :)

ps i was going to relocate the alternator where my aircon once was its the way the 1jz/2jz is setup, my plan was to use a plate to block off where the throttle bolts up and but the side of the plenum and weld a flange on there ill put some pics up 2nite!

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
yeah cool i can cut the old one off and weld it up smooth it out and you wont even know its was there reuse old flange at the front with alternator moved will make it a lot easier

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
ace!!! ok ill admit, ive been drinking but here it is...

manifold.jpg

****... my beers empty!

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Your CAd drawing skills are better than mine seems like a well thought design i like it :p

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Top Hat + best mod in that picture :p

This is my CAD aka mspaint effort giving me a rough idea of what i was going to do (and doing) to geoff's (Wagon Wheel's) v8 manifold its almost done i leave the unveiling and pictures for geoff to put up when he gets it.

Attachments

• manifold v8.jpg
    manifold v8.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 160