Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parasitic Drain found

Lensman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Not sure if this post should go in electrical or radio section but I have a parasitic drain problem. I've managed to isolate it to the F4 - Radio/Infotain fuse in the boot. Removal of this fuse drops the amp draw from approximately 1.2A to 0.09A. Would anyone know how to chase it down further? I have an SSV with the Blaupunkt 6 stacker CD (the CD section doesn't work) I guess if I pull the connector out of the radio and it drops to 0.09A I've found my problem? Or could it still be the bluetooth setup? (Infotain?)
TIA.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Is it easier to pull the connector from the CD stacker? Possibly that may be the cause of the problem.

Lensman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
That is only .03A. Are you sure that is your parasitic drain?

I suppose you have to start somewhere? :)
No its much more than that. Nearly 1.1 Amps. 1.2A to 0.09A. Enough to drain a battery in a couple of days. I've only been disconnecting the battery for 2 years so I'm a bit chuffed I've found the cause. Just need to narrow it down, could be a good excuse to buy the Aerpro Kit and a new headunit. :cool:

degeneration

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sportwagon
Yeah that bloody 90s stacker would be the culprit... Go aeropro all the way and get all those tunes on mp3 :cool: