Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parcel Shelf and Scuff Trims

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
04 VZ SS Impulse Blue Ute
hey i just bought a second hand parcelshelf that hasn't been cut for speakers.... I was just wondering wat you can use to cut out the holes and wat i can use to reinforce the speaker support..

Also, How do you take out the scuff trims just below the doors? I need to take them out to put my speaker wiring underneath and i'm going to repaint them

Cheers

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
Removing Scuff Panels

You need to remove the kick panels first, then grabbing the part of the scuff panel nearest the kick panel, gently but firmly pull up on it. It is held in place by V clips that fit into small rectangular holes. To put them back in, just look underneath the scuff panel, align the holes and push down.

Speakers in rear deck.

If they came with speaker covers, remove the mesh and lay the cover over where you want the speakers positioned. Then with a nikko/texta, trace around the INSIDE of the speaker covers. Place your speaker face down over this tracing, and looking at it from directly above, make sure that it conforms with the shape of the speakers, especially the screw holes used for mounting. If all is well, either cut the shape out with a jigsaw, nibbler or a stanley knife, depnding on rear deck material.

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
ah k awesome thanks alot for ur help, i'll be sure to remember that.
wat do u suggest to use to cut out the shape on the rear deck made out of the normal material... I got it off another stock VN at the wreckers so im guessing its made out of the material that comes with all stock VNs

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
A nice big, sharp set of scissors or a stanley knife.

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
wouldnt bother removing the scuff trims, feed the wires along the trans tunnel under the console and under the seat and out through the porthole behind the upright part of the rear seat... tie your new wires to the existing wires and pull them through... only have to remove bottom part of back seat then..

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
yea it would be easier to do that but the thing is that i want to take em out to repaint them... they used to be dark grey but now they've been worn downto white in the middle light grey on the outside n little art of dark grey here n there... looks disgusting, so thats another reason y i wanna take them out