Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parcel Shelf Help

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Ok i looked around for a guide or tutorial for this but couldnt find one. Has anyone got a guide with pictures on how to take the parcel shelf out of a VS. Thanks in advance.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
This was in the Thread "how do i check my back speakers?"

rear seats are easy to get out dude, if you need to heres how: where the seat belt clicky things are, put your hands where they come up from and pull the bottom half of seats upwards, ive done it a zillion times and it shouldnt damage anything if your carefull, left and right upright seats come out independantly, bottom of each are held down with little bolts, once they're out lift up, from there youll see how to pull out parcel shelf... take note of how each piece clicks back in, bottom half can be a bit of a pain the ass to put back... hope that helps if you need to do it!!

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
the plasic retention lugs can be removed if you twist and push from the back then use a small spanner or your fingers or a screwdriver to pretty much wrench it out

another trick is when you go to remove the shelf itself, dont be afraid to bend it a little to give yourself some clearence

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Hmmm ok i have managed to get the ass part of the seat out, im still confused about how to get the backing of the seat's out. Pics would be a huge help.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
the "backs" are two seperate peices, one bolt at the bottom, once the bolt is removed give them a good thump upwards and they should pop out, as for the centre bit, just work with it down

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
how'd you go? still need pics?

-EDIT-

well i have just done up a full guide to the removal procedure, i am just hoping i get moderator approval ( it will be in the how to section )

-EDIT-

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?p=432184#post432184

i'll be re-sizing the photos tonight! ( ~8MB with my pathetic 256k upload [ i use my own ftp, dont have any photo hosting ] )

-oh for the love of edit lol-
Resized pictures, now only 2MB total

Last edited: