Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parcel shelf speaker.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore vfss storm sedan
Hi all I'm only new on here .Just wondering where to run my wires from the parcel shelf speakers is there an easy way out as I have no idea.thanks in advance.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Do you currently have speakers in the rear parcel shelf? The easiest was is to pick up the wires either from the head unit or from under the door sills each side of the car. The speakers are the wires usually twisted together. The redline has an amp in the boot which has a low level audio channel to the rear of the vehicle.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes ive put the speakers in.,what involved in in getting door sills off is that the plastic moulding that runs along the rear doors?As this is all new to me .Thanks for your reply.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Once your wire are out from the dash , the only plastic trims you need to remove are the ones at the bottom of the door opening and they just pull straight up. Pull the seat bottom up and unbolt the seat back on the passenger side and youll see where the battery cable comes in from the boot. Just doing the above with a yellow tongue I managed to run string from the passenger footwell to the fuse box in preparation for a CB antenna.

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm only trying to wire my parcel shelf speakers. Wanting to know the easiest way around it .As ive never attended this before. Regards

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Try YouTube'ing a few How To videos on stereo installation, running speaker wires, etc.
Try using VF Commodore or VE Commodore or VF or VE or Commodore in your search terms first, because someone may have documented how they did it with a VE or VF (VE isn't necessarily identical but will be similar).
If that doesn't work just check a few general videos out.
If you can see how someone's done it, it will possibly make the task make a little more sense, and I've been surprised how much of this "how to" stuff is on YouTube. :)