Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

parcel shelf

younglion

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY SS Ute 5.7
hey guys i wanna chuck some 6x9 in me vt just wondering i had a quick look at the parcel shelf and there are metal plates covering the speaker holes. how do i get them off do i just hit it with a hammer or does it need to be cut? i was thinking of just disconnecting the rear 6 inch speakers and just extending the wires to the back.oh and the carpet pieces covering the metal plates do they just come off too?

amcroft

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Yep that's correct.. i just used a chisel on one of the tags, then just bent the plate up and down until it came out... The parcel shelf will need to come out anyway to get accsess to theholes and you will have to cut through the shelf for holes.

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
you will need to buy some speaker grills. can get them pretty cheap on ebay

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
most car audio shops sell grills 20-40 bux
ebay for more
use ya fist and punch the plates out from the top and 6x9 drop straight in
and yes make sure ya discontc ya rear door spkrs and run to rear

younglion

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY SS Ute 5.7
hey guys another thing? the carpet pods covering the speaker hioles do i just cut them out or whats the deal with them

Umai Naa!!

R.I.P APY-88V :(
Reaction score
Website
www.aus12.org
Members Ride
VR S1 Exec. A4 3.8L
Yeah, cut them out. Then get some VT-VX speaker grilles from where ever, and drop those in to fill up the holes.

I did mine the other week, and it turned out ****. I'm thinking of getting hold of a parcel shelf out of a Calais/Berlina. I think they have 6x9s in the shelf from the factory. Could be wrong, though.

Give yourself a day to do the job. 40% of the interior has to come out of the kents!!

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
does ne1 know y holden would offset the 6 x 9 holes (underneith) 2 the hole cut outs in the parcel shelf??? i rekon it looks crap having ur 6 x 9s cut off a bit tho i guess it doesnt matter if u put grills on them n u cant see the speakers neways i ended up mounting mine so they were flush with the parcel shelf cut out then cut out the grills so the speakers were showing

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
wrx884

It's all about making the car look presentable,not everyone want's to show the world that the sound system is other than stock.Only YOU know what your system contains,therefore theives are left wondering.Setting it up that way is just the kind of thing that will make life easier for someone to steal,or indeed if it is worth stealing.No one likes a show off.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
exactly mate take a leaf from ur own book was just a simple question get over urself and grow up wat r u like 5