Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Park brake problems

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I think more weight would be saved if the driver took a p i s s before going for a drive...
Curious what was wrong with the VE handbrake.
I find them a bit wonky, pinches your hand sometimes, looks weird when it's up and is out of alignment with the console when it's down.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
@Banjo79 glad it's all sorted.

Do you know if the adjustment the dealer did was the button pushing disable/enable method or did they also take off the wheels & disks to check the brake linings while mechanically adjust their position?

Just curious what they did, that's all ;)
They removed the wheels and found lever system seized. Lubed it and calibrated it.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
why the **** do we need electronic **** like this anyway?
worked the old fashioned way for years why fix it if it aint broke

US market loves it. Room for bigger cup holders and buttons.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Posting still seems problematic o_O

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
US market loves it. Room for bigger cup holders and buttons.
And many have autos but those with manuals may have hand foot coordination issues so need some electronic hand holding to stop rollback on hills :confused:

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Once again park brake has become almost useless over the last few months. Even in a car park on the slightest of slopes, it will not hold the car and gives me the spanner light until restart.
So this will be I think the 3rd or 4th trip to Holden for this on Monday. Whats comes next after three lots of adjustment. More adjustment or new hardware.
Hill hold still works faultlessly. Does hill hold use the park brake for its operation or is it a transmission thing?
Electric steering and electric park brake have not been kind to me. Nudging 10 days of dropping car off at Holden just for those 2 issues and 100 days of stress especially with the electric steering rack. You definately must love your car to put up with all this crap. If it was a foreign cheapie, she'd have been gone years ago.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Hill hold still works faultlessly. Does hill hold use the park brake for its operation or is it a transmission thing?

If I recall correctly, I think I read somewhere that the hill-start function uses the disc brakes and not the hand brakes.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Once again park brake has become almost useless over the last few months.... Nudging 10 days of dropping car off at Holden just for those 2 issues and 100 days of stress especially with the electric steering rack....
You’ve has some difficulties with your car and the dealership you have been dealing with :(

Check will your state consumer affairs and discuss at what point they would consider the issue you are having has crossed the threshold from ‘not major fault’ into ‘major fault’ classification under ACL. If it has crossed that line then you could reject the car and request a full purchase price refund as your chosen remedy (or Atleast know how to walk them into the hole they are digging) :rolleyes:

It may be time to force the issue and exercise your rights under ACL ;)

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I'm hoping once this is sorted, there's probably no more problems to be had than what a VE would encounter. If that turns out not to be the case, well....