Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Park brake problems

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yeah, hopefully that’s the end of the problems :rolleyes:

Just hammer home to the dealer that they have let you leave their workshop in an unroadworthy vehicle (that I think is still under waranty if memory serves) and placed you (and themselves) at legal risk when they simply should have fixed your car correctly (under warranty) the last time they poked around with it...

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Park brake module replaced for free. Big job with rear subframe having to come out. The car is getting very close to 2 years out of warranty. They put up no resistance and cost wasn't mentioned, but still a big shout out to those, especially Skylarking, that have contributed to educating me and others in consumer law 101.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Glad it 's now fixed :) Hopefully that's the end of all the problems you've had with the car ;)

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Well actually, without detailing individual items, I have realised for some time now that reinbursment for PRA's (parts requiring approval) that were not granted approval and paid for by me (in the warranty period) should have been approved. I have absolutely no doubt about this. Soooo the pain continues..............for Holden.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
^
Get that pound of flesh that the law allows is all i can say ;)

This is another reason a recall is needed for power steering assistance failure. A recall can give the owners who paid for to fix their defect vehicle a reletively straight forward claims process to get their money back.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Park brake module replaced for free. Big job with rear subframe having to come out. The car is getting very close to 2 years out of warranty...
I wonder whether the underlying issue is one of poor protection of the assembly from water and road grime prematurely causing corrosion. From memory they previously resolve wheel side park brake level corrosion which fixed the issue for a short wjhile.

Was shocked to see water get into what should be a fully sealed bi-modal exhaust valve motor in another thread. If this park brake issue was caused by water, it may not be an isolated issue so one must be concerned for all VF's o_O

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
So Ive been testing out the new module this morning on a few steep hills and urge those with a few km's on the clock to check the function of theirs. Sitting in neutral and applying the park brake holds the car soo firm, it makes me think its been slowly on its way out for a couple of years. Even in the past when it did hold and had been adjusted, the car still rolled a touch before it caught it. Not any more. It's rock solid.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I wonder where all these dud electronic components are made? I'll bet most are imported which makes a mockery of so-called inferior Australian manufacture.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
^
Where components are made is not relevant.

What is relevant is the quality of specification and design performed (or contracted out and supervised) by Holden as well as the quality of component testing / quality control that Holden applies to the bits built elsewhere and uses to build the vehicle.

If a company has its eyes closed w.r.t. quality, it’s basically **** in **** out.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Today Subaru is recalling around 40,000 cars due to an issue with the electric park brake not releasing and/or not applying... Holden is still silent on their EPB issue :oops: