Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parkers Question

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
Hey guys, Thinking of putting blue parker leds in, I've got a Holden VR Acclaim, Was just wondering if the parkers stay on after you switch your light switch to full lights? What I'm saying is can i turn the parkers off so when I'm driving at night they are not blue ? Or if i replace the original parkers, there's always going to be blue in my lights? tyvm :)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
If you just replace the original parkers with the blue ones then yes there will always be blue in your lights as the parkers remain on when the headlights are on. Not that you can't get around it of course, but not sure why anyone would bother just so they can look like a toss pot or eventually get defected for having pretty little lights.

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
Yeah prob a **** idea, I'm just on Ebay and came across them, Lol.......

Then i been doing some research, if i got them I'd get red because my cars burgundy, But yeah, I guess it is a pretty crappy thing to do.... mmm

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Yeah prob a **** idea, I'm just on Ebay and came across them, Lol.......

Then i been doing some research, if i got them I'd get red because my cars burgundy, But yeah, I guess it is a pretty crappy thing to do.... mmm
Definitely do not use red lights on the front of the car, it is illegal and can be confusing for other motorists.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
if you want your lights to be a little different to others at most get a very light color that isnt that noticeable.... not long ago i stuck dark blue parkers in my car and i reckon within 5 hours later i saw a car drive past me and do a u-turn and it was the cops, gave me a warning luckily but in the end its just not worth sacrificing your demerits for something that really isnt that noticeable