Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parking aid keeps deactivating

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITOONS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V8
Hey guys

I've tried searching for this issue but can't seem to find a thread made on it. When I engage my parking assistance (the feature that reverse/rear-to-curb parks the car for you) it scans for a park, finds one, instructs me to put the car in reverse then immediately says:

"Parking Assistance deactivated due to steering"

It's the same message you get when you try to manually override the parking assistance by actually grabbing the wheel and steering yourself.

The guys at Holden have no idea and have had to lodge it with Holden Australia and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Has anyone had a similar issue and worked out the cause?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Intersecting but sorry I can't help.
I used this fearure once when I first got the car to give the kids a thrill, since then I park it myself.

ITOONS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V8
I've been parking commodores myself my whole life, the point is that there is a fault with my car I want repaired before the warranty expires.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as a smart ass, but re-reading my post, it could be taken that way. And yes, I understand that your request of Holden is very reasonable and that the function should work as advertised.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I've been parking commodores myself my whole life, the point is that there is a fault with my car I want repaired before the warranty expires.

If the fault is registered with Holden Customer Service and you have a reference number it won’t matter if the car goes out of warranty as the fault is pre-existing and will still be covered.

Good luck with finding out what is causing it and as a purchaser of many new cars my advice is you talk to Holden Customer Service yourself and make sure the problem is registered with them and get a reference number.

In other words, don't just rely on the Dealership to have done the right thing by you, make sure for yourself that Holden is aware of the situation.

ITOONS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V8
If the fault is registered with Holden Customer Service and you have a reference number it won’t matter if the car goes out of warranty as the fault is pre-existing and will still be covered.

Good luck with finding out what is causing it and as a purchaser of many new cars my advice is you talk to Holden Customer Service yourself and make sure the problem is registered with them and get a reference number.

In other words, don't just rely on the Dealership to have done the right thing by you, make sure for yourself that Holden is aware of the situation.

OK excellent advice, thanks. My warranty actually expires in 7 days

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Holden have revised the electric steering column on the VF, I think three times since production began. If your warranty is close to expiring, then it sounds like you have an early version. I'm not sure why they revised it, but obviously the fact that they did, suggests there may have been problems.

The takeaway is that since you've reported the issue with your dealer and had it logged as a warranty claim, Holden is now obliged to fix it as a warranty item, no matter how long the repair takes to resolve the problem. You don't need to concern yourself about the warranty of your car expiring, at least as far as this issue is concerned. You are now covered for the repair.

ITOONS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V8
Took it back to holden and they had it all day. I came to collect it and they told me "Holden don't have that feature"!!!!!?????? I had to show him the button to press and everything.

Granted the guy had a hyundai shirt on and was probsbly just a regular mechanic, but that annoyed me. They obviously hadn't looked at it all day.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Took it back to holden and they had it all day. I came to collect it and they told me "Holden don't have that feature"!!!!!?????? I had to show him the button to press and everything.

Such ignorance and incompetence is (almost) unbelievable. Was this at a Holden dealership? If so, a written complaint to the dealer principal (with a copy to Holden Customer Service) would be warranted. Not only was the so-called mechanic incompetent, but you were without the car for the whole day and had to make two unnecessary trips to drop off and pick up the vehicle and had your time wasted. Not to mention the problem still hasn't been fixed. That sort of thing makes my blood boil.

ITOONS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V8
Such ignorance and incompetence is (almost) unbelievable. Was this at a Holden dealership? If so, a written complaint to the dealer principal (with a copy to Holden Customer Service) would be warranted. Not only was the so-called mechanic incompetent, but you were without the car for the whole day and had to make two unnecessary trips to drop off and pick up the vehicle and had your time wasted. Not to mention the problem still hasn't been fixed. That sort of thing makes my blood boil.

Yes a legit holden dealership. I've had my old VY serviced there for a couple of years without a problem. I actually drive 40 minutes out of the way to take it here because my local holden dealership has proved time and time again they can't be trusted with my car. The guys inside the holden service centre knew about the parking aid feature, but it's a dealership that has a shared holden/suzuki/hyundai showroom and I guess I got a hyundai mechanic. I still think it was totally unacceptable like you say. Not only did it waste my time but my girlfriend's as well who had to drive me there and back twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.