Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parking Assistance Not Available - Sensors all work normally - VF2 SS

Dronus

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais
Ok so I do know this post is a couple of years old now, and that I have a ZB Calais and not a VF, but I was having exactly the same issue and couldn't find an answer on the internet, but I think I've worked it out.

If I start my car and drive it, parking assist works great, and it self parks perfectly.

However... if while driving the car I stop somewhere (say to wait to pick someone up) and I press the start/stop button to shut the engine off, leaving the radio on, without getting out of the car (even if the radio times out and I turn it back on) - and then start the car... I get the exact message as the OP and I cannot use parking assist - Three beeps and a message that says " Parking assistance not available "

If, however I turn the engine off, open the door and wait until the centre LCD screen turns off, start the car (the stereo then shows the my link logo indicating a cold boot), put her in gear and parking assist works fine!

I'm guessing that the Australian version of the software is somewhat unique in that the stereo stays on when you turn the car off until you open a door, or it times out) which must be confusing the system somehow. A mates buick regal turns off, and he doesnt have that issue, i havent been able to check with an insignia owner, but if soneone has a later model vf2 with self parking it might be a good little experiment.

I spoke with Holden about it and they suggested that I go show a holden service department so that they can raise it with engineering.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but I hope that by posting it it might help someone in the future.

Cheers!

I have used this feature a couple of times when new but not for a while (4 months). While I get normal parking sensor activation (front, back and all corners), when I recently tried to use the parking feature, it comes up with a display on the dash saying "Parking Assistance Not Available" and a big P sign image with a cross out of the letter P.

No other error messages or driving issues. As I do not currently have a OBD2 scanner, I can unsure what may the cause of this fault. Also, when the car accelerates past 30kmh it then makes a short beep noise and after about 30-40 seconds the screen returns to normal display with 3 fast beep noises (deeper tone). I am unwilling to bring it to a dealer due to lack of confidence in how they often do their work. Any suggestions? Car has less than 4,000km

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
after seeing this post only realize i haven't tried mine one at all after 3 years of ownership. I might give it a go later tonight.

I knew about it when I bought the car then forgot all about it.

I'll also give it a go...

oscar newton

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv r8 vf 2014
Never used any dealer warranty services in 25 yrs of owning various models as basically you can't access their workshop during the time when you should be able to discuss what is going on, the service department desk staff know about as much on fixing cars as the Pope would about designing jet aircraft. Apprentices are given no supervision nor any relevant training but still expected to fix everything. If this is the level of the skills on the shop floor, not prepared to hand any keys to this class of amateurs. These non-technicals who only know how to "book me in for a service" but have never done any actual work on cars can forget about me trying my luck in their so called 'workshop'. Fixing by 'experimentation' is not what I consider a risk I'm prepared to take.

it may sound silly to not use a dealer under warranty, but i did use a dealer for a waranty repair on mine that required my car to be left overnight in the dealer's workshop
i made sure that my car would not be driven out of the workshop overnight by the manager giving me his guarantee, but guess what my car was driven from blacktown dealer to the mechanic's home in the blue mountains, so i also now don't trust them

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
it may sound silly to not use a dealer under warranty, but i did use a dealer for a waranty repair on mine that required my car to be left overnight in the dealer's workshop
i made sure that my car would not be driven out of the workshop overnight by the manager giving me his guarantee, but guess what my car was driven from blacktown dealer to the mechanic's home in the blue mountains, so i also now don't trust them

How did you know this and why would they risk doing this? Was it because someone wanted to drive your HSV?

oscar newton

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv r8 vf 2014
They provided a loan car for overnight
I asked many times to not have my car driven out overnight
I was assured
During that night I couldn’t stop thinking that they did take my car home
So I arrived before opening & waited
When someone came to open the workshop I said that I needed something from my car
They said can’t let me in until manager arrives
They said go get a coffee & come back in an hour
I didn’t & waited
Then one by one they came to work & they all looked at me weirdly
I waited until the manager came out & told me that the mechanic testing my car ended up so close to home at the end of the day that it was sensible to just keep the car at his place in blue mountains instead of driving back to the blacktown workshop
That’s how I found out

police didn’t do anything as I gave the keys & dealer principal kept on ignoring my calls until finally he took one & just said well what do you want me to do about it
Said that the mechanic as far as I know could have thrashed the guts out of my car with all his mates in it
So I demanded a month of free fuel & a third party full detail which he agreed

N costa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf
I have vf evoke and yesterday I remove rear parking sensor conector and reconet all .now
" park assist temporarily unavailable" massage came on dash..any one know how to fix this.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
I have vf evoke and yesterday I remove rear parking sensor conector and reconet all .now
" park assist temporarily unavailable" massage came on dash..any one know how to fix this.

I’d check the wiring and connections again. If you have already done that, try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting it. That should do a hard reboot of the system. Let us know how it goes.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
sounds like it may have logged a code that needs removing. Or you didn't wire it all back up correctly.

N costa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf
I’d check the wiring and connections again. If you have already done that, try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting it. That should do a hard reboot of the system. Let us know how it goes.
Hi I.done reconet socket and remove battery 2 time and check feuse also but nothing good. Tnx