Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parking Assistance Not Available - Sensors all work normally - VF2 SS

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
So if you think it is software or hardware related, you are crazy not to take it to a dealer. Are you proposing that you diagnose it, then start replacing parts at your own expense? No dealer is going to buy parts for you and hand them over for you to install under warranty.
The car is under warranty, if there is a module that needs replacing, it will be replaced.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Tech2 doesn't work on VF.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Ipsum fermentum bibendum nibh hac vel at vehicula tempor condimentum, orci suspendisse egestas leo congue inceptos egestas nunc curabitur orci fusce aliquet tempus vel molestie diam, integer nisl habitant mattis el

Last edited:

WeeGee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG S-Pack Ute M5 (L27) and VF2 SS A6 (LS3)
Never used any dealer warranty services in 25 yrs of owning various models as basically you can't access their workshop during the time when you should be able to discuss what is going on, the service department desk staff know about as much on fixing cars as the Pope would about designing jet aircraft. Apprentices are given no supervision nor any relevant training but still expected to fix everything. If this is the level of the skills on the shop floor, not prepared to hand any keys to this class of amateurs. These non-technicals who only know how to "book me in for a service" but have never done any actual work on cars can forget about me trying my luck in their so called 'workshop'. Fixing by 'experimentation' is not what I consider a risk I'm prepared to take.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Never used any dealer warranty services in 25 yrs of owning various models as basically you can't access their workshop during the time when you should be able to discuss what is going on, the service department desk staff know about as much on fixing cars as the Pope would about designing jet aircraft. Apprentices are given no supervision nor any relevant training but still expected to fix everything. If this is the level of the skills on the shop floor, not prepared to hand any keys to this class of amateurs. These non-technicals who only know how to "book me in for a service" but have never done any actual work on cars can forget about me trying my luck in their so called 'workshop'. Fixing by 'experimentation' is not what I consider a risk I'm prepared to take.

A tough critic.

I've known a few mechanic's that have worked in dealerships that really do know their way around cars and I'd have them work on mine any day and I've also had them do mods for me.

I've also been allowed to go into the workshop and checkout what's happening with my cars.

Depending on your attitude you can make or break a relationship.

WeeGee

Reaction score
Members Ride
UPDATE>> Issue was immediately resolved upon the vehicle battery disconnected and reconnected a week later. As this seems to have occurred (along with 9 other DTC as a result of a weak/deteriorating factory fitted battery causing slow cranking/starting issues)

The battery was replaced with an AC Delco S57220 battery (do not pay more than $220 max from any Holden/AC Delco dealer). All trouble codes gone, park assist operates normally and now also is starting 100% normal. The factory battery, also labelled AC Delco is junk made by Marshall (apparently under some contract) in the Philippines - total utter unreliable junk and also prone to leaking from the top. The S57220 is made in Korea and is rated at 680 CCA (factory is 610) for same size/weight. Its a fully sealed battery and when tested new packed an eye whopping 755 CCA (FYI factory battery died when got down to barely 300CCA meaning the LS3 need at least 400CCA just to keep going).
S57220 AC Delco New Battery.jpg

Last edited:

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Ctek MXS 5.0 smart battery charger.

A good suggestion for those vehicles that don’t get used enough to properly recharge a battery and a neat preventative maintenance trick to almost double the service life of your vehicle batteries regardless of how they’re used. I’ve used one on my cars and bikes over 10 years now.

If you don’t already have a smart charger, recommend looking into it.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
Mines a daily driver and I am starting to get this "Park Assist Not Available" error flash up on my dash. I've only had the car since August '17.

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
Mine plays up with the the towbar fitted, despite having tower option ticked in the MyLink

WeeGee

Reaction score
Members Ride
It seems to suggest a possible software bug somewhere in the BCM settings.

I would first try to resolve it by disconnecting the Neg post on the battery for about 5 mins and refit and then check to see if problem has resolved upon the battery being reconnected and the computers 'Resetting'

Last edited: