Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parking on the road VS naturestrip

Do you park on the road?

• Yes

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 19 38.8%

• Total voters

5wheelguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VE V8
Hey guys & gals. This will be my 1st post to the forum.

Such a lovely day, for once! Come on summer!

Ok, so my main question to everyone - do you park on the street, or the naturestrip? Have you ever received a warning or a fine, for parking on the naturestrip? Has any underground services, been damaged because you parked on the naturestrip?

I emailed the council about why people 'have to' park on the road, instead of the strip. They specifically stated, that it's not illegal to park on the naturestrip, because not all of them have underground services. It's just a general thing now, that 2 lane streets are now less than 1 lane & many streets are now obstacle courses, because it seems that nobody knows what a driveway is. I see so many empty driveways. Cars parked on the road. No room for trucks, who seems to just think they can go up a street - because - why not?

It's more than frustrating, to see these cars just piled up. It's getting beyond the joke people. Please, park in your driveway. Or park on the naturestrip. If you get a fine, or a warning, then ok- move it. Park in a street which has less cars, than say 3 every meter.

How the heck... Ok, I'm going to stop ranting now. I just want to get to work on time. Is that too much to ask? Do I have to keep waking up earlier, to beat the soccer moms in their hummers, parking on the road, etc.
I thought there was drivers etiquette, or like... Common courtesy, etc. Sometimes I do not know which planet I am on anymore.

Is it safe to say - if you're not driving - get OFF the road, please?

Blester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK stocker
So what do I do with My car float and club car which is parked on it(box trailer kept on property), My daily and my weekender, the kids cars and my wifes car and my project cars? when I ony have a double garage? only registered stuff is parked on the road. call me greedy but I have a few project cars and 2 club cars, 1 for dirt, 1 for tar. As for parking on the footpath the council and ranger dont give a rats, but advice I got from someone high up in the NSW Highway Patrol is that its technically illegal but as most streets now are so narrow they turn a blind eye. I used to park on the footpath on the other side of the road (that I thought was bush) but got a little love letter asking me to move so all that stuff is now back on the road!

5wheelguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VE V8
So what do I do with My car float and club car which is parked on it(box trailer kept on property), My daily and my weekender, the kids cars and my wifes car and my project cars? when I ony have a double garage? only registered stuff is parked on the road. call me greedy but I have a few project cars and 2 club cars, 1 for dirt, 1 for tar. As for parking on the footpath the council and ranger dont give a rats, but advice I got from someone high up in the NSW Highway Patrol is that its technically illegal but as most streets now are so narrow they turn a blind eye. I used to park on the footpath on the other side of the road (that I thought was bush) but got a little love letter asking me to move so all that stuff is now back on the road!

Yes. You are greedy.

I mean, honestly. Why do you have these urges to fill the town with cars? You have 1 ass. And cars just depreciate to nothing. You wont be doing cars for the rest of your life, and ultimately will just become a rust bucket on a lawn, like SO many others.
Back when I was a kid, teachers used to say 'if everyone did that - it would be chaos' - well, it's chaos already without some plonk filling up the street with cars, boats, whatever they think they actually own.
They own you.

"technically illegal". Right. So when they do decide to fill up their quotas, you'll get a bunch of fines instead of a love letter. If someone crashes into your love bugs, don't blame them. Just continue to fix them for the rest of your active life. Dont get upset. Just turn a blind eye.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Well that's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back

Care Factor.jpg

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
have a look at most new estates and how they build the roads at 1.5 lanes wide most new house have a 1.5 car garage withe a single driveway opening to two car spaces , with the way we work and live and having two or more cars per family add a trailer or boat etc etc and you soon have to park on the road or nature strip casuing undue road hazards and congestion around estate type living .....
Glad i moved to the country 60+ acres to park my cars trailers toys on without worrying about parking officers or other drivers knocking mirrors off or lovley letters telling me to piss off and park elsewhere ..

i would recommend you complian to the coucil and city planners