Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

parking up for a while

Discussion in 'VR - VS Holden Commodore (1993 - 1997)' started by nzvsss, Jul 20, 2006.

1. nzvsss

nzvsss Guest

i want to park up my vs ss for about 4 months . is there anything i need to do like dissconnect the battery or something . i had a freind who parked his up for 3 months and he needed to reprograme the car and key . dave:

2. nah not really u can leave the battery connected, if u had any mods to the motor and u disconected the battery terminals for 3 months then the ECU would go bak to factory settings and would forget wat u have done to the motor ive never heard of having te re program the car and key before prolly be good to the night before ur car comes out of sleepin chrage the battery overnight and shibby rite

3. HATER VP

HATER VP Guest

also change the oil before you start to drive it again.

4. maginoodle

maginoodle Member

Members Ride:
    vy series2 ss crewman
    just leave it as is and charge the battery like anotherstockvs said

5. vt1538

vt1538 455rwhp LS3

Members Ride:
    VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
    Make sure your tyres are fully inflated. Leaving them in one spot when slightly deflated can cause them to flatspot.

6. nzvsss

nzvsss Guest

thanks for the info

ill do that . my friends one lost its memory some how maybe it was another fault
    also good tip about the tyres to i forgot about that . thanks dave.

7. 3800VH

3800VH New Member

Members Ride:
    VH SLX V6
    start it once a week. and try to not have much petrol in the tank as it might go off.try and have it sitting on stands if you have them

8. digisol

digisol New Member

Members Ride:
    Toyota Landcruiser
    Pop the bonnet before locking the car and hook some good VB cord around the bonnet catch, if the battery does go flat you pull the cord to pop the bonnet, replace battery and go. It can't hurt using stands / bricks, stop the tyres becoming disstorted from sitting for a while.