Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Part description help

street_runner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
can someone please explain wtf is a mini spool / full spool is? and also the dif between a baby cam normal ca, and lumpy cam? got the general idea of all this but i can only really understand if i know everything :)

cheers

revinR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Mini spool is basically a fully locked diff.Meaning both wheels will drive at once ,do a tight U turn and car will shake and wheels chirp etc PITA on the street .Best to keep your LSD in good order.

street_runner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
so spool is bad?

revinR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I ran mini spools in both my torana`s when I had them but they didn`t spend much time on the street ,mostly old eastern creek drag strip (T1 towards T12 not WSID) or week-ends cruising.
BUt again its like al mods, change one think and you`ll most likely have to change some thing else,what works for one person doesnt mean it`ll work for you.
If you want really good knowledge of what each is log onto google and search for it. That will help you.

As for is spool good/bad thats a loaded question ask 20 people get 20 diffrent answers. I liked it for what I used it for,also had lockers in my 4x4 again diffrent types worked better than others and if used in the wrong spot they could cause a lot of damage,twisted axle and a roll over in 1 case, but in another it saved use so I could get thru and drag a couple of others to a bit more helpful area

street_runner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
ok so my research tells me that for street use mini spool would not be the best thing for me. instead i think an LSD that is relatively tight should do me